Following a formal agreement between the Department of Statistics of the Ministry of Labour (GEP-MTSS) and cef.up, eligible researchers may have access to the Quadros de Pessoal (Personnel Records) data set at cef.up’s facilities. Specific rules of micro-data confidentiality protection apply.
For further information on the rules governing access to Quadros de Pessoal, see the User’s Guide (in Portuguese only) or contact: Anabela Carneiro.
Telephone number: 351 22 557 11 00 (ext. 553)
Datastream is one of the most comprehensive economic and financial time series database. The market-leading content sets are available in this database:
– Equities – Equity coverage is sourced directly from exchanges, international suppliers, and published reports. It includes historical prices, volume, market cap, earnings, dividends, financials, fundamentals, ratios, etc.
– Worldwide fundamentals – Company fundamental data and financial ratios both on active quoted firms and inactive ones across several markets.
– Unit and investment trusts – Extensive pricing and dividend coverage of a wide range of funds.
– Indices – Equity benchmarks, bond indices, government bond indices and proprietary Datastream indices available at both an aggregate and constituent level.
– Fixed income – Bonds, warrants, convertibles, domestic and international issues, including historical prices and volume details.
– International macroeconomic series – Historical data sourced from central banks and national statistics offices for all leading and many developing countries.
– Commodities – Includes metals, agriculture, chemicals, semiconductors and energy.
– Derivatives – Futures and option contracts from several regulated markets.
Datastream combines this deep and reliable content with various analytical tools. It is therefore an extremely powerful tool for research and is available to every cef.up researcher, faculty members, and students. The data set can be accessed both from the library and the cef.up Data Center.
SABI (Iberian Balance Sheet Analysis System) is a database that contains general information and annual accounts for more than 350 thousand Portuguese companies. The database can be accessed both from the library and the cef.up data center room.
SSD is a very rich and detailed dataset developed by cefup in cooperation with the Portuguese Institute of Employment and Vocational Training and the Social Security IT Agency that matches information from different sources on individuals registered as unemployed and participants in active labor market programs. Data are available on a monthly basis for participants after 2004.
Institutional Review Board (IRB):
For studies that involve collecting data and/or using sensitive public or proprietary data, cef.up researchers are required to seek approval prior to data collection or use of sensitive data.
We ask researchers to submit the attached form [link to form] to the IRB representative for exempt category claims. Researchers are also required to obtain a certificate in human subjects protection. We ask researchers to go to http://phrp.nihtraining.com/users/login.php and complete NIH’s course on Protecting Human Research Participants. The certificate should also be sent to the IRB representative. For non-exempt claims, the researcher should contact the IRB representative for the non-exempt forms and process.
Contact: Helena Szrek, IRB contact
Telephone number: 351 22 557 11 00 (ext. 570)
Contact: Ana Bonança, Cef.up Secretary
Telephone number: 351 22 042 6468